Saturday, May 3, 2008

My First Attempt at an FOTD: Gray Smokey Eye

So...here it goes, my first attempt, after a long, arduous and highly frustrating war with my camera. I decided to do this totally at random while I was waiting on the bf to return from that torturously boring sport known as baseball. I apologise to all you baseball fans out there, but I am totally unaplogetic in my hatred of that more-boring-than-watching-an-entire-cricket-test-match sport. If my bf can live with it- so can you. Voila!

I've taken these pics without a flash. The two full-on face pics were taken with one in natural light and the other in a darker spot.

Sans maquillage:


And then....the eyes:

Full face (excuse it this one time, me and my camera were at war):



The how-to:

All brushes used are part of the Sephora Prestige Brush Set (the one in the brown croc case)

1. BareVitamins primer was applied to face with fingertips.

2. Stila Perfecting Concealer in shade F was applied to undereyes and eyelids using the concealer brush.

3. Chanel Teint Innocence in Walnut 8.0 was applied sheerly to face using the foundation brush.

4. Foundation was set using Chanel Poudre Universelle in Translucent 3. Applied using the powder brush.

5. Milani Runway Eyes in Backstage Basics eyeshadow was used for this look. The fourth shade from the top, a steely, shimmery gray was applied to the eyelid and blended vigourously to the crease using the small shadow brush.

6.Emphasis was added to the outer corner of the eye by using the contour brush to apply a little more of the gray shadow to the outer corner and crease.

7. The smudge brush was then used to blend.

8. The same shade of gray was then applied to the lower lashline using the small end of the sponge applicator included in the shadow kit.

9. M.A.C Eye kohl in Smolder was used to line the upper and lower waterline (the inner rim of the eye).

10. The second shade from the top of the Milani eyeshadow kit, a pale shimmering gray, was applied to the inner corner of the eye using the small end of the sponge applicator, in order to brighten up the eyes.

11. Eyes were finished with a generous coat of TooFaced Lash Injection mascara in Black. Lashes were separated using a Sephora Professionel Lash/Brow comb.

12. Stila Convertible Color in Peony was applied to the cheeks with fingers and blended.

13. Stila Convertible Color in Peony was also applied to the lips using the lip brush from the Prestige set. Lips were then finished with a coat of Burt's Bees Pomegranate Lip Balm.

This gives a not-too-heavy smoky eye that is not overly dramatic. Please excuse my step by step layout if you find it too cold and detail oriented- I'm a scientist...this is how I itemize-compulsively and minutely...I can't help myself!!!

Think of this as my lab notebook for makeup ;-)

Enjoy!




Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Anu said...

beautiful with or without maquillage!
great post, love the blog, and i'm adding you to my blog roll. I genuinely like the blog and you're doign a great job. everything is well organized too so if you can, come over and clear my disorganized-stuff up for me will you :P.

May 5, 2008 at 12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home